VIDEO SUBMISSION TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR LOSTATEMINOR.COM
These terms constitute a binding agreement effective from the date (“Acceptance Date”) that you submitted the Content or Content Libraries (as defined below) and accepted the Terms of this Agreement. These terms and conditions govern the contractual relationship between Conversant Media Pty. Ltd. of Level 9, 46-56 Kippax Street, Surry Hills, 2010, Australia, its successors, affiliates, licensees and assigns (“Conversant Media”, “us” or “we” or “our”) and you (“you”) in relation to the grant of rights being provided by you in relation to the Content or Content Libraries (including any additions to the Content Libraries following the Acceptance Date).
1. You are uploading and/or submitting certain visual or audio-visual content to us (the “Content”) and by uploading and/or submitting the Content to us, such Content shall become our intellectual property from the date of creation.
2. You irrevocably assign to us the intellectual property rights and interest in and to the Content (including, without limitation, the title thereof, any people featured, performances, characters, names, trademarks, logos, animation, audio (including but not limited to music, sound recordings and sound effects) and any other rights or elements which make up, are depicted or appear in, or which are associated with the Content and the file(s) submitted to us (regardless of the format, including (but not limited to) submissions in URL formats)). Such rights are granted from the date of creation (“Creation Date”) and shall include the right to bring, make, oppose, defend, appeal proceedings, claims or actions and obtain relief (and to retain any damages recovered) in respect of any infringement, or any other cause of action arising from ownership of any of the rights in and to the Content whether occurring before, on, or after the Acceptance Date. You hereby confirm that from the Acceptance Date, we shall be entitled to make use of the Content (and authorise and grant other parties the right to make use of the Content) in any way or manner and for any purpose we see fit, including (but not limited to) any form of commercial, promotion or marketing capacity, on any and all media whether now known or hereafter invented, throughout the world and in perpetuity. You furthermore, grant us (and/or any other third parties we authorise to use the Content) the full right to use, edit and modify the Content in any manner and without any limitations. You hereby grant to us the right to publicly issue details relating to the Content and/or any other information relating to you and/or the Content (including but not limited to your name, photograph(s), likeness or other details about you). You confirm that you have procured any and all such rights from any third parties in order for the foregoing to apply to any persons or subjects featured in the Content. We grant to you a perpetual, non-transferable, royalty-free licence for personal use but excluding specifically any commercialisation or further licensing of such rights.
3. You warrant and undertake to us that: (a) you have the full right to enter into this Agreement and assign the rights (including, without limitation, any and all intellectual property rights) in and to the Content and all information provided by you to us is true, accurate and not misleading; (b) you are the full and legal owner of all rights (including, without limitation, any and all intellectual property rights) in and to the Content; (c) you have obtained all required clearances and paid all monies necessary in order for us to be able to exercise the rights granted by you herein and you confirm and warrant that we will not be required to obtain any other or separate rights, clearances or license, nor shall we be required to make any additional payments to any parties in order to exercise the rights granted by you herein; (d) all individuals featured in the Content have provided full consent to their inclusion in the Content and you have obtained all required consents, permissions and image/appearance releases from any individuals, groups, parties or locations, so that you are able to grant the rights granted herein, including (but not limited to) our right to use, exhibit, distribute, make use of, sub-license, reproduce and/or edit (without limitation or restriction) such persons’ names, voices, likenesses, appearance and performances contained in the Content. You agree that you shall procure that any necessary third party shall execute, deliver and provide any such additional documents (required by us, in its sole discretion) and perform such acts as may reasonably be required for the purpose of giving full effect to this Agreement in a timely manner; (e) nothing in the Content, nor its use (in any way) by us, our permitted licensees and/or any other third parties’ use of the Content as authorised by Conversant Media, will infringe or violate the rights or interests of any party (including but not limited to, copyright, trademarks, patent rights, rights of privacy, image rights, moral rights, other statutory, common law or contractual rights of any individual person or entity or any other right of any third party, breach any contract or duty of confidence, constitute a contempt of court, be defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful, or bring us or any third party into disrepute; (f) all facts expressed by you in the Content are, to the best of your knowledge and belief, true and insofar as the Content contains any opinions, these opinions are your own and are genuinely and truly held by you; (g) there has been no infringement or likely infringement of any of the Content; (h) you have not granted, nor shall you grant, to anyone else any right which would prevent or impair in any way your right to assign the rights (including, without limitation, any and all intellectual property rights) to us or which conflict with the rights being granted by you to us; and (i) you have used your reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Content does not contain any viruses or malware.
4. You shall fully indemnify, defend and hold harmless us (and any third parties authorised by us using or making use of the Content), their respective officers, employees, successors, licensees and permitted assigns from and against: (a) any costs, claim, demand, action, damages, loss and/or expense arising from actions brought by any third parties arising from any breach of any of the representations, warranties or agreements made by you; (b) any claims of or respecting slander, libel, defamation, invasion of privacy or right of publicity, false light, infringement of copyright or trademark, or violations of any other rights arising out of or relating to any use of the Content as authorised herein. You agree and understand that we are relying on the representations made by you and any breach of the terms and/or warranties set out herein would cause us injury and damage that cannot be adequately compensated by damages in an action at law and you expressly agree that, without limiting our remedies, we shall be entitled to injunctive and other equitable relief. You irrevocably release us, its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, licensees and assigns from any claim of any nature in connection with their use of the Content. You shall further fully indemnify and keep us fully indemnified against any costs, claim, demand, action, damages, loss and/or expense (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest penalties, legal costs and any other reasonable costs and expenses suffered or incurred by us) arising directly or indirectly from any breach or non-performance by you of this Agreement and you shall pay all such costs, claim, demand, action, damages, loss and/or expense forthwith on demand by us. At our request and at your own expense, you shall provide all reasonable assistance to enable us to resist any claim, action or proceedings brought against us as a consequence of any breach of this Agreement. Such indemnity shall apply whether or not we have been negligent or at fault. You agree that the foregoing shall apply to you and to any persons featured within the Content and you have obtained required permissions from such persons in order to grant such rights to us. You authorise us to assign or sublicense any of the rights granted hereunder to any other third parties without any further payment to you.
5. By submitting the Content to us and assigning the rights of such Content to us in accordance with the terms and conditions set out herein, we shall not be obliged to use the Content and in the event that the Content is not used, we retain the assignment of rights set out herein as they remain valid and binding.
6. This Agreement constitutes and sets out the entire agreement between the parties at the date hereof relating to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between the parties, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
7. These terms and conditions shall be construed and applied in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New South Wales Courts to determine any matter or dispute which arises under these terms and conditions in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
By clicking ‘I AGREE’ in relation to this Agreement or by uploading any file, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out above. You acknowledge and agree that you have received valid and effective consideration for the transfer of rights which may include attribution of the Content, payment by agreement, promotion of your club or association (or the promise to provide any of these forms of consideration). You do so by delivering these undertakings as deed.
If you have any questions about Your Contributions please contact us.
Last updated: November 11, 2016.