Only a mad man would dare eat these sweet, adorable teddy bear cookies innocently embracing almonds and other nuts! French-trained Japanese cook, Maa Tamagosan, created these one-of-a-kind cookies that will gently pull your heart strings. She details everything on her blog, and thanks to Hey! It’s Mosogourmet’s English translation, we non-Japanese reading people will get to try it ourselves.
Here’s the recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (320 F)
2. Mix 110g cake flour, 20g potato starch and a pinch of salt in bowl
3. Mix 40g beet sugar syrup, 10g honey and 30g vegetable oil in a small bowl
4. Once thoroughly mixed, spread between parchment paper and roll out with rolling pin
5. Use a bear cookie cutter to cut out the shapes
6. Draw the face (we used a nail dot pen), place the almond and have the bears hug them tight
7. Use leftover dough to make the tails
8. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 150°C (300 F) and bake for an additional 10 minutes
9. Take out of the oven and they’re done!
After you’re done baking, the final and most important step comes next: you have to examine your conscience and humanity if you could really take a bite out of these darlings!
Via Bored Panda